Elder William Duncan Loveless VI

Elder William Duncan Loveless VI

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

An Awesome Week



Hey Family

My Fourth of July went well, the ward in Elfrida had a flag rasing at 7:00 and our ward mission leader, volunteered me to give a talk at it, so i did. It was short, but thats ok.

Marcia (Pronounced Marsha) is really nice. Last weekend we moved her soap store. She had a lot of soap to move, but it's only down the way, like 50 feet, so that's nice. Marcia uses lard, I think, and then lye. And all of her stuff is natural. I really like a lot of the scents. (Elder Loveless sent several to his family this past week.) I wish I could send more. But she has about 40 different ones, and a lot more recipes that she created. She studied a lot to know what all of it does.

Marcia's been reading her Book of Mormon! She came to a ward party two weeks ago! We've been helping Marcia all week, we moved all the candy out of her store, and in her back room, painted parts of the store, moved her soap out of the old store, and init says lovelessto the new one, and organized it all. I got to straiten out each of the bar of soaps, its been alot of work but really fun.






Sunday we saw 2 awesome miracles. we had been fasting for more peoploe to teach, and for Marcia and Bill to come to chruch. Well Marcia and Bill came! it was awesome, theyve been to church a lot of times before, but it was nice to see them, i hope they come again. The other miracle was that a member came up to us and told us she had a friend who was having some problems, And wanted us to stop by, So we did. And she said she felt something missing in her life. We taught the restoration and she loved it. She accepted a date for the 9th of August. When we read a scripture out the Book of Mormon, she siad "i need to get me one of those" so we gave her one! She knows a few of the members in Sunsites, and i know that she has found the thing that will fill that hole in her life! We got to see her again today, and it amazes me how the Lord prepares people. It was an awesome miracle. Her name is Dianne.

We are also going to start English classes in Elfrida. There are quite a bit of Spanish speakers, and one person already got excited when the bishop told them we would start teaching English. So it will be a good thing here.

Next month, July, we get to go back to the temple, so hopefully we will go, for next P-Day.

Transferrs ar coming up on the 17th of July. I'm not sure what's going to happen, since we have a new president. Talking about who's going to get transferred, is our only form of gossip. It's fun to speculate who will go where. But I know that it's the Lord who calls you. I have learned so much in this area, and I think that is from how hard it is. I've seen some elders give up and goof off when they are in a hard area. We are working hard and I am having a great time here. Some days I do feel sad, but it's a whole lot better than it was when we got to this area. I love the members here and all the people. Today we were visiting Marcia, and her co-worker/store shearer, who has usually not talked with us too much. She talked with us a lot today. It's cool to see that change happen, and see people trust us more.

I'm going to be sad to be leave this area, I don't know when that will be, but it will be hard to do. But I will be excited to cook for myself again. And eat the regular missionary food again.

So this has been an awesome week. Very busy! We teach about 10 to 15 lessons a week to about 5 people. So we usually teach people twice a week and sometimes more. Its been great!

I hope everything is going well with all of you, y que tengan un buena semana. (and have a great week.)

Gracias por todos! (Thanks for everything!)

Love, Elder Loveless



(If you read this going down it says loveless but read it going up and it sort of spells his companion's name, Elder Chappel. It's kind of crazy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment