Elder William Duncan Loveless VI

Elder William Duncan Loveless VI

Saturday, September 25, 2010

The MTC's Gym Is Open




We received a letter from Elder Loveless on Thursday, then an e-mail on Friday. This blog post incorporates text from both.

Querido Familia

Well this week has flown by. I got all or your letters, and i will try to reply to some of them today, and i sent a lettter home 2 days ago. Anyways.... Our typical Schedule goes like this... Wake up at 6:30, shower, get ready and either go to Gym or class. Then after about an hour of that we have Desyuno (breakfast) and then following that we have 4-5 hours of class which we do our personal, comp, y idioma estudio. And MDT time, which sometimes we contact or just do more language study. Then at 1:00 we have Amuerza (lunch) for 45 mins. and then after that we have class. Or some days we have Gym at different times. Our teachers have differerent times they come in each day. Then we have class for another 5ish hours and we usually have a teacher, so we either learn something about Spanish, or from Predicad Mi Evangelio. (Preach My Gospel) Or both. Then at 6:00 we have Cena, (dinner) and following that more class, usually about 3 hours. Then we plan, are in our buildings by 9:30 and then get ready for bed and do other things, then go to bed at 10:30

The other day we had a really good group meeting about baptizing. The speaker focused on baptizing. It's our main purpose. Yea, we are to help people, but our purpose is to help people be baptized. So that is what I'm going to do is baptize, baptize, baptize. I know you're not supposed to focus on numbers alone, but I will know that each number represents a child of God. I'm going to be bold out in the field. I'm not going to be afraid to tell them for this is my purpose and reason for being out here.

Gym has been really fun, i just play volleyball the whole time. Just barely, the Gym just opened up so now we can play inside instead of on that sand, and that is so much more fun. Except we dont get to go to Gym on Dia de Preperacion (P-Day.) The gym was closed, so we did our working out, outside. I have probably gained a lot of weight, but I haven't been able to weigh myself. I eat a lot.

So far the Devotionals and Firesides have been ok. The speaker at the last devotional was Elder Johnson of the Seventy. On Sunday we got to watch the Testaments, and that was really good. Elder Trevor Taylor one of my old roommates is going to be in Salt Lake South for his mission, because visas for Mexico and Brazil are slow. Im glad i dont have to worry about those.

The name of our district is 51-F. On P-day, we go to the temple at 10 in the morning. Our District leader's name is Elder Gillette, like the razor. Dad, Portuguese is so weird compared to Spanish. All the pronounced Js and Gs, But they are pretty close, i can understand the Portuguese speakers pretty well, its just so Jeey and Geey.

Usually we just sit around in class alot, and learn. I'm trying to speak more Espanol. Some days are better than others. I'm not so good at forming sentences and I'm trying to build my vocabulary. I am reading el libro de mormon en espanol and it is really helping alot....it takes about 5 minuets for 3 versus. But thats with looking up words i dont know. I read it a lot with English and Spanish side by side and I can understand it better. There are a lot of words I don't know. I just finished the DyC (in English) and now ill probably read The Pearl of Great Price. Estudiamos la Nueva Testimiento por estudia compenero. Studying is going very well, except sometimes its early in the monring and i nod off.

Thanks for all of your support. I enjoyed all the letters i got this week. I know why I'm out here, and i know i can do well on this mission, i have had such a great time, and sometimes i wish it wasnt 7 weeks longer, and i could just get out there! But i need those 7 weeks to improve my Spanish. Be safe in all you do, and keep going strong! La iglesia es verdadera, y el Libro de Mormon es Verdadero. Never doubt it!

Mucho gusto

Elder Loveless

Elder Loveless is excited for his sister, Valerie to have twin girls in November. He learned the Spanish word for nieces which is sobrinas and the word for twins is gemelas.

No comments:

Post a Comment