My Dearest Family,
Sorry I didn't get to e-mail Tuesday. We went to the temple, and then stopped off in Sunsites to see a few people :) So we didn't have time after it.
So there have been a few big changes this week. The first is the biggest...So the mission is re- assessing the miles used by all the areas, and also a few new areas are opening next transfer, so they looked at our area, and saw how small it is, and that it really doesn't need a car. SOooo. They took our car away from us, and now we are in a biking/walking area. So at least I get to get more in shape, and use my nice bike I have. But it will be hot! It was 108 degrees today. I don't know how much we will do this week of biking. But I know that next week after transfers we will be doing alot of that.
Another change is.... We set a baptism date with David and Chirstian's Mom! It's for the 10th of September and we are going to do a lot to make that happen. She has a lot of desire to be baptized, and she has been reading a lot of things, and the Book of Mormon. I'm exited to see her moving forward!
So transfers is next week again. This transfer went by very fast....it's been really crazy, and I don't think I quite got used to anything. I think I will be staying here for another transfer.
Yesterday we went to the temple! It had been about 6 months since the time we last went, and it was so nice. It made me really want to change my desires of missionary work, and how dedicated I am to the work. At my year mark, in 2 weeks, I'm going to give it EVERYTHING. I'm going to work my hardest, and do all I can to help everybody. I feel like I could have done more for the last year of my mission, and I feel like I haven't been doing everything I can to preach the gospel. So this will be an awesome time! I have a whole Full year to serve now and I want to make it the best year ever!
Last week I mentioned the Jehovah's Witnesses. Some of them are really nice people, and if they would listen and accept they would be very dedicated to our Church. Their church teaches them not to listen to anybody else, and they aren't about to take literature from anybody or else they get in a lot of trouble. (That's a good way to keep their members in their church... dont let them investigate anything else.) We usually call them by the English pronunciation for JWs, which is “Jay Dubbs”. but in Spanish it's “Testigos de Jehova.”
It's been raining a bit lately. I changed into my gym clothes, and ran outside to get the mail, but I got soaked. Then one of my letters (from Valerie) fell out from under my shirt, and got wet. But thankfully I could still read it.
Well that's about it for this week, thanks for the letters. I hope you all have a good week!
Love, Elder Loveless.
Elder Loveless visiting his former investigator Marcia.
No comments:
Post a Comment