Hola Familia.
This week was pretty good, and pretty busy. Our 12 year-old-investigator, Christian, is going to get baptized this Saturday! We've been working with him this week and helping him gain a testimony. Yesterday in Church, his brother, David (who just got baptized before I got here) bore his testimony. It was really great to hear a new member's testimony about his conversion and the changes in his life. Then surprisingly, Christian got up and bore his also. He said that the other night he prayed to know if the Book of Mormon was true, and he got his answer. He is really excited to be baptized. And this will be a great example to the rest of his family. The mother is getting more interested too, reading her Book of Mormon, and hopefully praying. She will be baptized shortly The Branch was really impressed to hear the testimonies, and they want to do what ever they can do to help them continue in the Church. I'm really excited for this time in my mission.
With a baptism comes the need for new investigators. So now we need to get out and knock some doors which we did the other day, and were looking for a humble area to knock, and we just drove down a street and found a good place to go. So we knocked 4 doors and found 2 people. One was a referral for the English ward, and one for us....But as usual it's really hard to find them home again after the first time. So hopefully we can find him again.
This week we ate at Felicitas's twice, several of her Grandchildren want to get baptized, so the other elders are working on that. But it's really cool to see how much a family can change. She always bears her testimony. She always relates her first answer, and how she felt, when she received that. She has defended it many times. Its amazing.
We've had some good food. This morning we had a breakfast with some members. It was some kind of macaroni, Frejoles (Beans) and Chorizo y Huevos. (A kind of Sausage, with eggs) and a Chocolate drink, which i haven't had since around Christmas, but its one of my favorites.
The weather is hot – in the 100s most all the time, but when the sun goes down it feels really good, and goes to about 90 :) But I love it here, and I'm having a great time. I can feel my self growing closer to the Lord, through prayer, which I have been focusing on. It's going really well.
Today is my 11 month Birthday! (On the mission.) I don't feel that old, but its been a great time, and I love this work.
Have a great week!
Love, Elder Loveless
No comments:
Post a Comment