Estimado Familia.
Wow this week was crazy! First off I'll talk about the interview for Maricela. It was quite an ordeal getting her there, she had to be re-interviewed by President Killpack. So we got our President there, and we waited. We waited about an hour each night. And she didn't show up. That happened three times. Then the 4th time, she almost didn't show up either...i called her, and she actually picked up her phone, she said she was tired from work and couldn't make it, and she asked if President Killpack would be there after church. I told her NO, he would only be there that night (because I did not want to waste his precious time anymore). She got what I meant, and then said she would be there “ahorita!” which means right now, or really soon. So I was praying my Spanish brain had heard correct, and we waited for 20 more minutes. I told my self I couldnt look out the window, if I watched she would never come. And 5 minutes after I said that I turned my head and she's pulling into the drive way of the church! We had the interview, and she passed! Her baptismal date is this coming Saturday! The Lord surely tested our patience, and faith. And it was worth it all! the next day in my Book of Mormon reading, I found a scripture that exactly explained all of our trials with it. Alma 23:21 "Nevertheless the Lord seeth fit to chasten his people; yea, he trieth their patience and their faith."
A Few days before the interview, we had a pretty big rain storm. From the lightning it sounded like Tucson was being destroyed. But we only went to our area and it was nice and sunny, But we did go by the Santa Cruz River. It was running really high, even creating waves. All the water run off for all Tucson and Sahuarita, and Green Valley. run into it. so it was really high. Alot of people put a ton of garbage in the washes so when the rains fall down and the floods came up, it washes all the trash down the river, making it very unsafe to swim (its also really nasty water) and to boat in. Some roads go through the washes. and that's dangerous to drive though. So I skipped some rocks in it, and took some pictures.
But the other elders they tried to drive to their area, and Valencia was flooded. The water covered the 4 lanes of the street, and the parking lot of eegees, and then our church parking lot. On Saturday morning we all went over to clean up the left over mud to make it look better before la conferencia de la Rama. (Branch Conference.) They had to clear out all the water, so they closed off the whole road. So that ate up some of our day later on when we had to drive that way.
On Friday I was on exchanges with Elder Johnston in my area. We visited some people, and one person we visit everyday is a recent convert named Irene, She's really fun. We just read the Book of Mormon with her. But this time I was trying to blow Elder Johnston's pages over while he was reading, and so i started laughing for some reason. which made Elder Johnston laugh, and then Irene was even laughing... We could hardly even read a verse of the war chapter we were reading. It was a good laugh.
I also got to visit Maria Cruz the other day. Who we taught and then she was baptized right after I was transferred. She's doing really well. She looks alot more healthy than before. Her and Arturo were excited to see me, and we just talked about how we found them, and about other things going on. They came to church on Sunday, but they left really soon after sacrament meeting so i didnt get to talk to them.
Its been a great blessing to me to have been able to see this branch at this time, and to have served here again. I've seen that all of our work 6 months or so ago, was not worthless, The branch is bigger then ever, yesterday we counted 144 with the stake people, which only made up 14. So we are getting bigger, and it just going to sky rocket soon. Elder Santana our DL had a baptism this last Saturday, she has been meeting the missionaries for the last 9 months. It was a good baptism. and now some of her family members are getting really excited and starting to come to church more. SO....Im so glad to be here, at this time!
Well not much else is new, except i finally got a hair cut, by elder Lund. Its pretty good. Also the weather has cooled down, its under 90 now most of the time. It feels really good.
Pues Tengan una buena semana! (Have a great week!)
Love Elder Loveless.
No comments:
Post a Comment