Elder William Duncan Loveless VI

Elder William Duncan Loveless VI

Monday, September 26, 2011

Marisela's Baptism


Buenos Dias Familia!

This week was pretty awesome.  We had a lot of work to do to get the baptism ready. On Friday we made the programs. The other elders had the baptism program CD  and they were going to drop it off. Turns out they were just at Burger King and were too lazy to give it to us at our house.  We had to bike to the library, and while we were passing by the Burger King they saw us, and so after a while they followed us, but we didn't know that. When we were passing the hill over the free way, I see a ton of papers fly out of a car window.  It was their car driving by.  Elder Johnston threw the planning folder and the CD out the window towards us, and he didn't expect it to explode like that. So I had to get off my bike and pick up all the papers, 3 got away, and are probably lost on the freeway of Tucson.  Luckly the CD didn't get run over by any cars! Elder Johnston was scared he might have caused an accident, so I told him he owed me a pizza :)   so we got the programs made, they looked pretty good. 

On Saturday we were volunteers at this fiesta sahuarita deal.  we were there for 3 hours, we had a big booth for the church.  But we were put on parking lot duty so that wasn't as fun.  But we made it a good time.  Then we came home, got all ready for the baptism, and went to Marisela's house to make sure everything was good (found out later before the baptism, that she had some doubt, and was going to not come to the baptism, but her home teacher, went over and resolved all of those doubts.)  So she came to the baptism, she kinda got lost trying to get to the church, and I was directing her there by cell phone.  The fiesta sahuarita was still going on, so there were a million cars in the road.  She kept on asking me what all the lights were for, and she was so excited that there was a party going on.  She got there, and David and Christian came too....and another one of her daughters.  Elder Lower, my old comp, came and baptized her.  The service was great.  We only started 15 minutes late (which is really good for a Spanish Branch, also because most of the sisters were there for the womens broadcast.) 
Something new we do in our mission is to teach a short lesson about the Restoration or something like that right after the baptism.  So I did that.  It actually went really well, and my Spanish flowed out naturally (also because I've taught the Restoration a thousand times.) But it was awesome.  After they had changed their clothes,  David and Christian bore their testimonies, and then Marisela wanted to bear her's also, and she told us all about her very powerful conversion.  Members were even talking about it in their testimonies at church the next day.  She was confirmed and it was all very spiritual and perfect for her. It was awesome to see this baptism finally happen.

But now we don't have very many investigators close to baptism. Sso we are going to have to work REALLY hard on that, and put forth alot of faith, and help alot of people, but I'm really excited for it now.  

Presidente killpack gave us an assignment to read the Book of Mormon and mark every time it mentions Jesus Christ, and every time He speaks.  So I've been working on that for about a month, and I'm in Alma, and every day the scriptures I read are perfect for me that day, at that time.  It's really awesome.  The Book of Mormon really is for us, and is the greatest testimony of Jesus Christ. It testifies of him on nearly every page.  I love it, and I love helping people to this knowledge and the blessings that come from it.

Thanks for all your help,  and its awesome that Valerie is pregnant again!  Also Hillary mentioned that lindsey is too?  I can't beleive it!  Thats so awesome. I'm going to have a ton of nephews and nieces to spoil. :) 

Have an awesome week!

Love, Elder Loveless

No comments:

Post a Comment