Como estan!?
This week has been really awesome. Thursday was my one year mark, and it went really awesome, we had such a busy day. I've never worked that hard in one day. We knocked 3 streets, all in different locations and found several potential people. We also had a delicious dinner at one of the members homes, named the Morenos. They made a type of food called, Tinga, it was a mix of chicken, bacon, chipoltle pepers, chorizo. and onions. It was delicious. They are a little less active, but working on coming to the church, and we are teaching 2 of their kids, Jose and Sharon. They are 14 and 16 years old.
Yesterday at church, me and Elder Santana, our DL, counted all the people in church. We had over 100! last year we never had over 60 or 70, but now it was crazy to see all of these people there. its about all the same people who usually come...except they all came on the same day. This branch is really growing fast! its really awesome to see. We've had a couple really big monsoons come through, and they have been making everything wet. On Tuesday we had a really big storm come through. We were biking and right when we got to the place we needed too, it started to rain. So we got pretty lucky for leaving right then. It also rained for 20 minutes, and then all the roads were flooded. We were going through some mud, and my tire was holding on to it really well. Then it started to build up on my tire, so I stopped moving as fast, and then Elder Halverson had to take a break, so he fell off his bike. We were pretty muddy that day. and just walked through puddles to get all the mud off the tires. My bike has been holding up really well.
Pretty much every house we knock offers us water, so we never have to cary it on us, it would make all the Book of Mormons in my backpack really wet if I did. And our area is really progressing.
Maricela (the mother of Christian and David) is having an interview tonight. She will proably pass. So that's exciting. She might want more time though for the baptism, so we will have to talk to her about that. But she really wants to get baptized, and she is being prepared everyday this week more toward her baptism. It is scheduled for this weekend.
Elder Schultz (my MTC companion) is Elder Strong's (from my stake back home) companion. They are both ZLs in the zone right next to ours, and their branch meets in the same building as ours does, so I see them every week.
Well, we are doing really well. I'm getting alot more healthy. I can feel that. I don't eat as much fast food (except little Ceasars, but that's good for you, right?) And we are biking a ton. so that keeps me in shape.
It's weird that I've been a year out, and that it's already September. It still feels like July though. But I have a year in the feild left, and I really want to work hard. I think that my first day of really working, was a good sign. So I think this transfer has been great for me. I'm learning a ton, and changing alot of things that I used to do. We are working on following the Spirit a lot more in our lessons, and in knocking, and finding, and its been going really well.
Well that's about it for this week. Hope you all have a great week, and keep on haciendo lo bueno :) (Doing Good.)
Love Elder Loveless.
No comments:
Post a Comment